3/26/2020-COVID 19 UPDATE
Dear Parents and Students,
I hope today finds you healthy and well. I am sure you are all anxious to get back to your in-car instructions, and believe me when I say, so are we. As we continue to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 we would like to inform you of where things stand at this point.
As most of you know, Gov. Baker has extended the time frame on when the public schools will re-open this year to May 4, 2020. Due to the fluidity of the situation and deadlines for re-opening of the public schools being extended yet again, we are finding it most difficult to determine when we will get the “all clear” to return to work and back to a normal in-car instruction schedule.
The driving schools of MA are having a virtual meeting with the MA RMV at 3 PM today to determine when a safe time would be to return to in-car instructions. I expect that they will have us close down in-car instruction for the duration of Gov. Bakers school closure order and wanted to set proper expectations with our students and parents ahead of this meeting.
At this time, here is where things stand:
- All In-Car instruction is cancelled through April 7 in line with Gov. Baker’s previous order until further notice.
- All Classroom instruction is cancelled for the month of April at our physical locations:
- NEW Virtual Classrooms will be implemented as an alternative beginning the week of March 30th
- All students that need to make up classes are encouraged to make them up in our virtual classroom. Please email MrMike@professionaldrivinginc.com for details and instructions. In the subject line of your email please use “MAKE UP CLASS”. In the body of the email, please provide:
- Date(s) you missed. If you do not have that information, we can provide it to you
- License qualification date
- A good phone number to contact you
- Professional Driving School’s office is closed to the public per Gov. Baker’s orders until April 7, 2020
- If you need assistance please call 508-790-1234 and leave us a voice mail. Someone will return your call. Please be sure to leave your FULL NAME and a phone number where you can be reached. You may also email us with general questions at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Per Gov. Baker All Class D and Class DM driver’s licenses, ID cards, and Learner’s Permits that have expired or are expiring between March 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020, will have a 60-day extension applied to the current expiration date.
- Updates will be provided through email and posted on schedule2drive.com and professionaldrivinginc.com
We also need your help:
- If your license qualification date is after September 1, 2020 please go to schedule2drive.com and cancel ALL of your scheduled lessons. We will help you reschedule your lessons in a timely manner as soon as we have a better understanding of when it is safe to return to in-car instruction.
- Please help us spread the word about our Virtual Classroom to all your friends and family. The virtual classroom is a limited offer and was offered by the MA RMV as a TEMPORARY solution to provide classroom certification. They can enroll by going to http://professionaldrivinginc.com/virtual-driver-education-registration/
I would like to thank all of you for your extreme patience during this time of uncertainty. We are very aware of how all this is impacting our students and we continue to work towards a solution. We are all in this together and you can rest assured we will get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Professional Driving Schools, Inc.